Liquigas is updating its customers regarding the incident that happened on 9th January 2020 in Attard. Whilst waiting for the conclusions of an ongoing magisterial inquiry, Liquigas has done its internal investigations and found that the cylinder in question was subjected to excessive heat coming from the exhaust of a fireplace which led to the failure of the cylinder.
Cylinders are designed according to international standards and can safely operate in local ambient conditions, including those encountered during hot summer days. On the other hand,if cylinders are subjected to an excessive heat coming from an external source, this will exceed the design parameters and may lead to failure.
For this reason, Liquigas Malta reminds clients, once again, to properly store all cylinders, full or empty, away from any heat source and according to safety rules.